About the band
Distortion Theory is a five-piece, Milwaukee rock band, playing a mix of hard hitting and power driven rock songs. Specializing in music with energy and attitude! Songs preformed are from such artists as: AC-DC, Cinderella, Scorpions, Dio, Dokken, Whitesnake, L.A. Guns, Judas Priest and Iron Maiden. The music is revealed in powerful guitars, heavy-hitting, energetic rhythms, and soaring, raw vocals. Distortion Theory is dedicated and focused on having fun and having their hard-hitting brand of rock embraced through a high-energy, high-quality show.
- pre-2008: The band started as a duo of a guitarist and drummer (Mike and Bruce) for many years.
- In 2008, Kirk, a bass player, joined in the fun by laying down some serious backing rhythm in sync with the drums.
- A few years later after much searching, we find a great singer, John, to add some better vocals on top of what was some great musical abilities.
- Kellen joined soon after as a second guitarist at the recommendation of John. He not only did a great job at rhythm and extra lead, but was the jokester of the group adding plenty of laughter. He left in 2017 to move to Arizona to start a family with the love of his life and we wished him well.
- After much searching for another second guitarist, 2018 brought us George who is also another great rhythm and lead guitarist and all around fun guy.
The circle is complete...for those about to rock, we salute you!